Photobucket

Tuesday, August 9, 2011


THE SOIL__THE WORD__AND THE SEED
Jul 31, '11 7:47 PM
for everyone


This is the parable: The seed is the Word of God___Those by the way side are those who hear the Word___Then the devil comes, and takes the Word out of their hearts, so that they will not believe the Word that can save them.
The seed that falls upon the rocky ground, is that seed which hears the Word, receives it with joy, but do not grow roots, for awhile they live in belief, but are soon tempted, and fall away.
The seed which falls among thorns are those who are choked by the cares of the world, the riches and pleasures of life. They do not bring forth fruit to perfection.
But the good seed, having an honest and good heart, which falls upon good ground, and because it has heard the Word, received it and keeps it___brings forth fruit with patience.___St Luke 8:11-15
I don't know how many times I have read this and my understanding of it has been incorrect.
My attention was more on the seed, than on the Word...more on the ground, than on the Word.
Would you look at this verse once again with me?
Hearing and believing the Word is not what saves us....Even if we hear and believe, the seed doesn't plant itself....the seed doesn't prepare the soil that it is going to be planted into. I've always thought that it was my responsibility to prepare the soil, before I could be planted into it.
I always thought that it was my responsibility to become the good seed.
The thing that I never gave serious thought to ( the Word which has been stolen from my heart, so that I could not understand and believe the truth of this Word (seed)....is that it is the hand of the Lord that casts the seed that has heard the Word, into the world, where it falls upon the cares and circumstances of this world.....and no matter where it falls....it is the seed that receives the Word by faith, and keeps it with patience, not doubting, that is cast into the diverse fields of this world to grow unto harvest among the rocks, thorns, unto the harvest of the Lord.
It is the WORD SEED which brings forth fruit unto perfection.
It is the WORD in us, which is our Hope of Glory.
"Unto the good seed is given to know (bring forth) the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. To that seed which hears the Word as a parable, they will not see and receive the truth, they are not drawn into the silent dark soil of waiting for the increase of the Lord.
Beloveds of the Lord; I pray that we will press into His hand, to be cast as the good seed, that will bring forth fruit unto Him. That olive tree that is full when He comes upon it in His Kingdom. Joy

No comments: